Home               Forum             Testimonials           Contact                                                 Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Week 4 forum - Soci 332 American Military university Statistics for social science

Initial discussion postings should be a minimum of 150 words. Each student must also respond to a minimum of 2 fellow students' original postings; each response must be at least 100 words in length.

Responses should directly address the question and be discerning about when the Forum is asking for a more objective (researched) answer vs. personal experience and opinion. I also highly encourage you to incorporate relevant supplemental material (i.e. an article, website, Youtube video, etc.)

Constructive criticism and honest assessment of each others' ideas is encouraged. Postings are expected to be substantive and in good taste (remember your Netiquette). By "substantive," I mean comments that contribute something new and hopefully important to the discussion. Thus a message that simply says "I agree" is not substantive. If you feel very strongly about it and wish to be supportive of your classmate, you can certainly post such a statement anyway - but please limit such comments as there are few things more boring to read than discussions where 80% of the content is content-free! A substantive comment contributes a new idea or perspective, a good follow-up question to a point made, offers a response to a question, provides an example or illustration of a key point, points out an inconsistency in an argument, etc.

The deadline for this discussion assignment is 11:55pm ET on Thursday of this learning week. Two replies to your fellow students' posts must be completed by 11:55pm ET on Sunday of this learning week.

This week's main Forum requires you to answer the question completely and correctly to receive full credit.

Find two peer-reviewed articles that provide examples of studies (preferably that utilize the meta-analysis procedure) relevant to your research topic. Explain their findings based on this statistical data. Do not present research studies that were already discussed by a classmate(s) for this week's forum discussion. In your own words (i.e., no direct quotes!), briefly describe each study (no more than 3 sentences) and discuss its findings. Your focus should be on the statistical processes being used. Make sure to address the validity of each of the studies presented in your articles.

* These studies will act as part of your literature review. You will want to include a bit more of the background for your final project. Remember to export this to your project file which will be submitted at the conclusion of the class.

domyonlinemathclass

Kindly post your email to get help